All products are handmande. This means that for instance that the hairs in the Dishwashing brush have been inserted manually. This gives you a superior product that will last for years, if not generations.
About Blindes Arbejde:
‘Blindes Arbejde’ – in English ‘Work by the Blind’ is a foundation – founded in 1929.
Blindes Arbejdes’ main objective is to employ blind and visually impaired people in the manufacturing of hand-made brushes and brooms, weaving, hand braiding of baskets and chair seats and shop work.
Currently, Blindes Arbejde employs approximately 70 people, most of whom work at our workshop in Copenhagen in the following areas:
– Dragging brushes and brooms for old traditions
– Renovation of old silverware brushes
– Renovation of special elements for machine parts
– Braid of all kinds of chair seats with paper yarn or seagrass, especially seats for architect-designed chairs
– Assembly (various assembly tasks performed)
In addition Blindes Arbejde has employees spread across the country. They do: Drawing of brushes, weaves and weaves baskets in their own homes. The finished products are then sent to the head office in Copenhagen who makes the final quality control.